Friday, July 22, 2011

The Cheetah Experience

I am yet again delaying the writing of the real, hard work of this part of the trip, to instead post about our outing today to "The Cheetah Experience." This is a non-profit in Bloemfontein looking to raise cheetahs and re-introduce them to the wild. Part of the way they make money is allowing visitors in to tour their "tame" wild cats. We were able to play with lion cubs, cheetahs, and caracals, as well as visit leopards, wolves, and lions outside of enclosures. This is very different and completely unrelated to the intense work we do during the week, but it was a really fun break! Here I am with a 5 month old lion cub and a fully grown cheetah:



This weekend we are attending a funeral in the township, followed by a big braai (barbecue) with some of the community we are working with. I have so much to say about my experience in the creches and I'm sure I will have much more to say after this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment